Welcome to Mutuality, the result of years of study about the role of men and women in the Bible. My desire is that you will want to investigate these concepts for yourself, and my hope is that you’ll understand why I’ve changed my mind about the way we’ve traditionally understood biblical patriarchy.
I want to demonstrate how the scriptures reveal:
- God’s ideal from the beginning was for men and women to be equal in value and function—to be true partners.
- Clear lessons and examples from Jesus about mutuality.
- How we have misinterpreted and misunderstood the scriptures.
- Why the roles of women and men in the church, and in the home, should be entirely gift based not gender based.
- That we can greatly impact the world when we grasp that we are created in God’s image without hierarchy.
This is the longest passage of scripture dealing with men and women relationships in the Bible! Here, Paul moves methodically back and forth between men and women, wives and husbands painstakingly demonstrating God’s plan for MUTUALITY...0
I have said that I want to explain why I’ve changed my mind about how we’ve interpreted and understood the scriptures on mutuality. Well, hopefully, what I’m about to relate will shed some light about our shared history as a fellowship...2